Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The 2/3/7 Method

I hear people all the time say how thankful they are that God used Celebrate Recovery to help them step out of denial with their hurt, habit, or hang-up and ultimately change their life.  I agree with that statement 100%.  But, it wasn’t until this past month that I realized how powerful Celebrate Recovery is for me outside of “my recovery.”  I have learned tools at CR that have changed my life.  Tools to deal with sadness, hurt, pain – tools that I didn’t have before!

My dad died 24 days ago.  I’m sad.  I miss him terribly.  I breakdown at times.  (I know you’re starting to wonder where the hope is here…I’m getting there, hold on.)  I want to get the point across of how close I was to my dad and how much my heart breaks that he’s not on this earth with me, to hug me, to love me, to see my girls grow up…all of that hurts my heart. 

At this low time in my life, when I’m hurting most, I MUST remember – The 2/3/7 method!  (You won’t find this in CR materials folks, I made it up.)    Principles 2, 3, and 7 are getting me through my day-to-day life right now.  

2. Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him, and that He has the power to help me recover.
3. Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ’s care and control.
7. Reserve a daily time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His work for my life and gain the power to follow His will.

And when I meld them into my 2/3/7 method I get “I earnestly believe that God exists, He loves me, and I have committed all my life and will to His care and control. I have to reserve a daily time with God for self examination, Bible reading and prayer in order to know God and His work for my life and gain the power to follow His will.”  

My hope is reminding myself of these things…
·         that I believe in God, and all He has to offer me,
·         that He has a wonderful plan for me if I follow Him,
·         and that He loves me!

With that hope I should be rejoicing daily that my dad made it - what a blessing for him not to be suffering on this earth anymore in sickness and pain.  God is good.   

So if you see & hear me mumbling over and over, 2/3/7, 2/3/7, 2/3/7, 2/3/7, 2/3/7 – that’s why.   I’m using the tools I’ve learned at Celebrate Recovery not just for “recovery” but for life.   

Grateful Believer,
Karyn

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Inspiration! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karyn. Your own faith has been crystal clear through this. You obviously know you will be seeing him again soon and that he is rejoicing with our Lord. I love your "CR method"

    ReplyDelete