Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

CR Summit = AMAZING!

Our CR ministry is blessed to be able to take a group to CR Summit each year.  This year was my first year to get to go and if I had to sum it up in one word it would be AMAZING!  The 16 of us that attended from MRCC had the pleasure to  worship together with 3600 other CR family members.  There was no discussions of denominations; it was just a body of believers who were praising our Higher Power, Jesus Christ!


Summit is a yearly event held at Saddleback Church in California.  Rick Warren (author of Purpose Driven Life, and a number of other books) is the head Pastor at Saddleback, so they obviously have a large congregation. Very large.  We had the pleasure of getting to hear Rick Warren speak and God provided him some amazing words to share with us.  I will be sharing more of Rick Warren’s quotes on our Facebook page in the coming weeks, but one that stood out was “Whatever gets your attention - gets you!”  Where is my attention focused?  To be honest sometimes MY attention is helping serve on the TEAM, or doing tasks on a Friday night that “need to get done” but maybe sometimes my attention needs to be focused on my own recovery instead!   That was a great point and really made me do some thinking about me and my recovery journey!


If you haven’t been to Summit, the entire group worships together and then we break up and attend training sessions on different areas of the CR program. 


This year one of the highlights was to getting to see the world premier of the movie Home Run.    Now, I’ll be honest and say most “church movies” I’ve seen are cheesy! Like worse that a Lifetime Original movie!!  But this movie, Home Run, was amazing!  It’s going to be a powerful tool to explain how God uses CR to change lives, provide healing, and restore relationships.  There will be more to come about how our CR program at MRCC is going to promote this movie and how can you be a part of that!  (You might get sick of hearing me talk about it.)

I hope you’ll be at CR this Friday night.  It will be a great night of praise & worship, and several of us will be sharing what we learned at CR Summit.  See you then!

Grateful Believer,
Karyn

No comments:

Post a Comment