Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I celebrate the testimony of my Lord...

My fierce brothers and sisters who are battling on the road to recovery, listen and soak in God’s Word for you today:  “Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of God, and the authority of his Christ.  For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.  They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.” (Rev. 12:10-11)  Did you catch it?  We have overcome our accuser by two things: 1) the blood of Jesus! 2) by the word of our testimony.  What is your testimony of the Lord in your life?  Are you using it to defeat your accuser and encourage others to follow Him? 

I celebrate the testimony of my Lord and the testimony of others who have overcome!  This past weekend I attended an intense, rich weekend away with a group of men.  It was not a retreat!  It was 48 hours of wrestling with God and seeking hard after His heart.  Philippians 2:12-13 talks about the hard work to grow and mature in our salvation while at the same time God is working in us to bring about His good will and purpose for our lives.  That is good stuff!  During this weekend event, there were hours alone with God reading Scripture, reflecting on it, praying it and then listening for what God wanted to teach me through that time.  There were also times of deep, healing confessionals and testimonies.

Through this time of sharing and listening to others, God began to uncover within my heart areas of sin that I had justified.  I got caught in the comparison trap. I would say things like, “Well, at least, I’m not doing that.  My issue is not as serious or hurtful as that, so I’m good.”  That comparison trap has a name.  At Celebrate Recovery, we call that denial!  And I was neck deep in it…barely breathing. 

God is faithful and good!  Through the power of these men’s testimonies, the Spirit of God lit a fire within me and I found the courage to share.  And it is through that confession and testimony that the process of healing has begun and I feel the freedom to live in Jesus today!  Remember, these two Scriptures that have set us free:

“It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.  Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” (Galatians 5:1)

“Therefore, there is no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus.” (Romans 8:1)

We are not only set free from our sin because of Christ; but, we are set free to live in freedom in Christ.  This is where we continue to work out our salvation with fear and trembling…not with a big stick that we beat ourselves down with, but with a spirit of freedom in Jesus.  There is no condemnation, but freedom for those that follow Jesus. 

I’m thankful for Jesus today, and I celebrate the testimony that he has given to me and you.  Run hard after Him today my friends.  I love you all.

Grateful believer,

Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment