Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

10 Things I’ve Learned in Recovery So Far…

10. I have to celebrate victories in my recovery; it’s given me my life back! So I celebrate with victory dances and of course a new chip. (At the end of the movie Evan Almighty, Evan meets God face to face and they share a victory dance. My time face to face with God and having a victory dance is the one I aim the hardest for and the one I look forward to the most!)

9. Like the Arrid deodorant commercial… Depression stinks, recovery works! You’re never too young to start recovering from the past. I began coming to Celebrate Recovery two years ago when I was 19. I’m a much happier person to be around - just the other day my 5 year old nephew said so.

8. I learned that there are people that I can trust. I know I am not judged when I speak out. Knowing that I’m not alone in my hurts, hang-ups and habits is the most RAD-TASTIC feeling ever.

7. I learned being anti-social doesn’t help me. Dude seriously, I didn’t realize how much I was missing out until I stepped out of my comfort zone and actually became social at CR. It has been a key to my recovery. I met people that became like my second family and they love me for me.

6. I learned that having a sponsor and accountability is way important. I know when I’m in a bind or about to slip up- I can call someone and they know they can call me. I have incredible accountability partners and I cannot thank God enough for them being a part of my recovery.

5. I learned when I started to be transparent and throw away my façade- the chains that kept me a prisoner of my past were gone. I continually try to be transparent in my recovery; secrecy was part of my problem.

4. I thought I could easily recover without Gods help. WRONG. I learned when I pushed God away; it only allowed Satan to step in. I remember the moment I hit my breaking point. I fell to my knees and raised my hands to God. I was neck deep in depression, substance abuse and sexual addiction. I prayed and God came to my rescue. He lifted me up and dusted me off. At that moment I learned recovery is just NOT possible without God.

3. God’s plan for me is much more wonderful, much more powerful and much more significant than I can ever imagine. The reason I have another day, the reason why my heart is still beating is because God has an assignment with my name on it and I’m on a quest to find it.

2. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.2 Corinthians 12:9-10

1. I have to stay focused on THE goal. Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message)
I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running and I'm not turning back.”

Grateful Believer,
Kenzie

3 comments:

  1. This is so great, Kenz! You are a living example of what this program is all about. I'm so proud to know you!
    Angi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Angi. And your comments about victory dances with God...you will definitely get your chance to have a victory dance one day.

    jb

    ReplyDelete