Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Monday, January 10, 2011

It's Time to Celebrate

It's time to celebrate our fifth anniversary of Celebrate Recovery at Memorial Road Church of Christ. We are so excited to see God transforming His children into His image.

I am especially grateful for the work God has done in my life and in my family. Before I came to CR, I was hurting from abandonment and dealing with my hurts in very unhealthy, unproductive ways. I didn't know how to talk to my wife or deal with the hurts in my past.I would get very angry if my wife even brought up the pain of my past. It was none of her business!

I didn't know how to be a loving, nurturing father to our son, who was only 2 years old at the time. Over the last five years, God has shown me that even though I was abandoned by my earthly father, my Heavenly Father does not abandon His children. And I am one of his children! Because of the work God has done through Celebrate Recovery, I am a better father, a better husband, and a better Christian.

But my story is only one tiny part of the work God is doing in Celebrate Recovery. We see this theme of transformation over and over again in the last five years. God transforms hurting, broken people into leaders and ministers of the gospel. What a mercy he has granted us by changing us from broken vessels into instruments of his grace and peace.

So now it's time to celebrate! If it's your first time or the hundredth time, we want to see you at our fifth year celebration on January 14. We'll have a delicious dinner cooked by our devoted dinner team, a time of uplifting worship, a testimony of God's transforming work in one of our participants, small groups, and a time of fellowship and sharing. It all starts at 6pm.

Grateful Believer,
Dan L.

P.S. Do you know of someone who might benefit from being with us at Celebrate Recovery? Do you know of anyone that has problems? Please make a point to invite them to Celebrate Recovery on the 14th. It is going to be a huge, inspiring celebration that will life hearts and focus minds on Jesus Christ. Come to CR on the 14th, and don't come alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment