Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Meet the TEAM & Principle 2

Hello, my name is Travis.  I am a grateful believer is Jesus Christ. 

I am serving on the MRCC CR TEAM as an “M” . The “M” stands for Ministry Leader.   My main role is Friday night - making sure everything is set up and goes smoothly. I assist in finding testimonies, song leaders, order of large group and newcomers.    I also am in charge of our Monthly TEAM meetings and the overall safety of the CR program at
Memorial Road
. I would have never imagined myself a ministry leader much less a church leader.  I always thought that title or position was for the holy of holies.  Not a sinner like me.    I am so happy to be giving back to CR in this way because of what God has done in my life. 

The recovery principle that I am going to talk about is principle 2, which says: Principle 2 E - Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him, and that he has the power to help me recover.  What that means in my life is this:  I did not grow up in a home where church was a main priority.    I have always believed that God existed and I prayed to God and asked him to keep me safe, give me a good car, and let me do well in sports.  However, I did not have a true relationship with God. 

My prayer life was the ultimate give me, give me, give me, want, want, want.  I thought that if I asked God for something, He would surely give that to me.  However, that was not the case at all times in my life.  I really never thought God could use me in any way.  I thought that I was just going to go to church, (punch my time card) and go home.  I especially didn’t think God could help me with my addictions.  I thought I had to do that all by myself.  I thought I had to pull myself up by my own bootstraps and quit gambling and dipping on my own. 


However, when I first came to Celebrate Recovery I found out very quickly that God needs to be number one in my life.  My prayers went from give me this and give me that to - Thank you God for allowing me to talk to you anytime and anywhere.  I relied on God so much during my first two years of recovery.  I started to understand that His power can help me recover.  The main way I found this out was through His servants at CR.  Through the all testimonies that were given at CR I could actually see God working in other people’s lives. 

I am so happy to have a relationship with God and to know down in my heart that I matter to Him. 

Grateful Believer,
Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment