Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Step Study Info...

Our Celebrate Recovery program will be starting men’s and women’s step studies soon.  If you have considered being a part of a step study but talked yourself out of it, I encourage you to try it!  If you’re not even sure what a step study is here’s a little definition:   A participant of a step study can expect to gain a deep understanding of themselves and discover the "how’s" and "why’s" of their particular hurt, hang-up or habit. They can expect to form lasting friendships with other participants in the group who serve as an accountability team. The step study is multi-issue and gender specific. It is designed to last approximately 10-12 months, and the group meets once a week. 

Now that, THAT’s out of the way let me tell you what being a part of a step study means to me.  When I sat in my counselors office almost 3 years ago she said “ you need to do a step study”.  My first thought was, “crap.”  (Hey, I’m being honest here.)  I didn’t want to commit to it and didn’t think 4 little books could change my life. I walked in that first night and thought, “these girls and I will never have anything in common, this isn’t going to work!”   Well luckily, God knew more than I did and He DID use those 4 little books to change me AND I love those women, I still keep in contact with many of them.

Here’s some Q&A about a Step Study…
Q. Do I have to have been coming to CR for a while before I join a Step Study? 
A:  No!    You can be a newbie!

Q. Do I HAVE to do homework and answer questions?
A.  Yes.  It does require some homework. 

Q.  If I quit in the middle, can I join another step study and finish some other time?
A.  No.  You’d have to rejoin a new group and start from the beginning.  (It pays to finish!)

Q.  Is there childcare for my kids?
A.  For the groups starting up in the fall, YES.  Our groups will be meet on Wednesday evenings and children will be dropped off at 6:20 PM, our childcare staff will keep them until 7 PM and then they will take your child to bible class at MRCC.  You will be out of Step Study by 8 PM and can pick up your child from bible class.  And YES, childcare is FREE!

Q.  How much do the materials cost?
A.  The CR bible is $12 (which we do recommend purchasing because of the recovery specific content we cover) and the 4 booklets are $5 each.  If the cost of those books is keeping from you joining – please don’t let it!  Our ministry leader, Micah, can work just about anything out if needed.

Q.  Are people going to be giving me their opinion on what I need to do to change?  Giving me advice?
A.  NO!  Our groups never offer feedback on what you share.  You’re there for you, and we’re not there to fix you. 

Q. Where do I go to sign up?
A.  You can call the MRCC Church office at 405.478.0166 and ask for Micah Hobbs, he will add your name to the list. Or, you can come to CR on a Friday night and sign up.


I remember when I had my ah-ha moment in my first step study. I was half way through and I felt like my life was a box of puzzle pieces dumped on the floor and for the FIRST time I was seeing why and how those pieces fit together.  Things started to make sense.  It was both helpful and healing.  God used those 4 little books to change me!

I really hope you’ll consider getting signed up for a step study…then let God do the rest!

Grateful Believer,
Karyn

No comments:

Post a Comment