Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dedication = Celebrate Recovery

Hello my name is Travis, I am a grateful believer in Jesus, and I struggle with gambling and control.  Have you ever trained for anything?  Maybe it is training for a long run, dieting, or just training your body how to move in a better way because of injury.  During that training, I am sure you did not wake up one day and say to yourself, “I am going to lose 20 pounds today” – because we all know that is not possible.  But, maybe you have thought that and let me be the first to tell you - that will not happen. 

I have been training for a half marathon and it takes a lot of time, dedication, and mental toughness to do that.  Sure, do I want to sleep in some mornings when I know I should be up running, working out, or just being active to build that endurance?  The answer to that is yes; however, I know that I have to get up because on race day I will not be in shape to complete the race.  My body will not have the endurance to reach the finish line if I do not train. 


I need to think of Celebrate Recovery in that same context.  What are the goals I am trying to achieve in my recovery journey?  Is it to wake up one day and say “ I am going to be free of all my hurts, habits, and hang-ups?”  NO!  Again, that is impossible.  I have to train my mind, body, and spirit to look to God to heal me.  I have to rely on others to help me through the journey. 

So the real question here is, “When will I know that race day is here for Celebrate Recovery?”.  Is the race ever over?  That is a question I have been asked so many times.  “Travis you have been coming to Celebrate Recovery for almost 6 years - when are you going to be done?”  Well, I have to answer that with, “Never!”  Every day I still must get up and choose to commit my life and will to God.  It would be very easy to sleep in or do what I wanted that day; however, I know that would not be the best training I could do in my walk with the Almighty Father. 

Grateful Believer,
Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment