Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Monday, April 9, 2012

It's all about me...

I started the year off with a one year reading plan from www.youversion.com I would like to say that I am doing awesome with it and that I am right on track.  I'm not a big fan of lying though, so I guess I'll just admit my plan didn't last very long.

I wonder why they call it YOUversion?  I guess because YOU (I) get to pick whatever Bible reading plan I want, but I've allowed it to be too much about me and not at all about Him.  I need the HIMversion. 

Principle Seven states, Reserve a daily time with God for self examination, Bible readings and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will. It is not easy to daily engage in this principle.


His plan for me wouldn't be that I would skip days of reading His Word, let alone spending time WITH HIM.  I do both.  I like to rationalize it.  I'm too busy.  My son needs me right now, my daughter needs me, my Mom needs me...  No, the truth is that I need God.  I need to admit that I haven't been living in a solid relationship with Him and make a change.  I need to remember the cross.  He came back on the 3rd day for ME.  He gives me grace.  As I work my recovery and make this a daily process, I realize I might need to ask some accountability partners to check on me to make sure I’m in HIS word!  (That’s the beauty of CR accountability partners!)


Let the Word be thorough in your life. "All Scripture is God‑breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."2 Timothy 3:16, 17 


I’m working my recovery so I’m equipped to be used for HIS good works…
Grateful Believer,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment