Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Monday, June 11, 2012

I love Summer Break!!!

These are a few reasons I love summer break…

My kids are out of school.
One word – vacation!
We don’t go to bed on time.
We swim a lot. 
We are outside a lot more.
Snow cones!!!
There is less stress!
Our schedule isn’t jam-packed.
There are fewer rules.
We get a BREAK…hence the name, Summer Break! ; )

Even though I love the carefree feeling of summer I have to remind myself that my recovery can’t take a break - no matter the season!  I have to remember that.   Taking one Friday night off occasional is okay, taking 8 weeks off probably wouldn’t be the best choice for me and my recovery walk right now!  I can’t do this on my own, and even though I work hard to follow the principles myself – I need the accountability from coming each week.  I need the friendships.  I need open share groups.  I need to meet new people, share my story, and give back to the program.    I can’t take a break from that.  

I’m reminded of…
Step 3 - Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ’s care and control.
It doesn’t say, “Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ’s care and control when it’s convenient, and as long as it doesn’t interfere with my summer plans.”  This is for KEEPS!!  I NEVER want to go back to the person I was before recovery, and I can’t take a BREAK from continually working to be the woman Christ intended me to be!

Grateful Believer,
Karyn

No comments:

Post a Comment