Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

You can't handle the truth.


But hopefully you're working on that.  Coming out of denial is difficult isn't it?  It's funny how denial works, you move closer to the truth and out of denial.....and then a few short months or years later and you're back where you started.  That's not always true of course, but it can happen.

Last year a counselor advised me that I didn't always have to include same sex attraction in my introduction.  Because I didn't want it to define me.   So I've been rotating my introduction to include things I've probably been in denial about....like control.  I have  been pretty outspoken about same sex attraction since entering recovery and while it is still something I'm working on, I haven't focused as much on it.

Until now.  I've been asked to be a part of a panel on Same Sex Attraction and looking at the list of questions has me thinking.  I want to be articulate and educate people in a loving way on the subject.  It has made me think about how far I have come in some ways and how much work I have to do in others.  It's easy to let a part of our recoveries slip.  To fall back into old hurts, habits, and hang ups.  It is summer time (the theme of the blog) and we are all taking a break at some point or another, but our hurts, habits, and hang ups don't take breaks.

Now is a good time to do a HEART check.  Don't know what that is?  Check out your Celebrate Recovery materials and resources and learn more.  It is a great tool to use in coming out of denial.

Grateful Believer,
Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment