Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Monday, October 22, 2012

I celebrate ______________

My name is Nate. I am a grateful believer in Jesus Christ and I celebrate CONTINUED GROWTH.
It feels like I’ve been in recovery for a long time… it’s been five and a half years to be exact. In a lot of ways it feels like I should have a Master’s Degree in recovery by now. I’ve been through Advanced Leadership Training 2 or 3 times, to the Celebrate Recovery Summit in California 2 times, served as TEAM Trainer and now serve as the TEAM Assimilation Coach, whatever that means. I’ve been a part of 4 Step-Studies and even “included outside counseling when I was ready.”
It’s been a good journey. But… for someone who struggles with spiritual pride, (meaning I often believe that I’ve got this ‘Christian-thing’ figured out) life can get discouraging when I feel like I’ve got all the head-knowledge and insight I need, but still struggle to make it all come together when it’s time to put that knowledge into action.
That’s why I’m celebrating CONTINUED GROWTH.
I recently joined my 5th Step Study…and even though we are only 4 short lessons into the Steps, I am already amazed and excited about what God is teaching me. I just ‘thought’ I had it all figure out.  It has been a true blessing to see how God is continuing to use the ‘same-old-questions’ from the Step Study Participants Guides to teach me more about myself than I had ever been willing to see.
I am so grateful that God knows me better than I know myself and that he continues to ‘Peel the Onion’ of my hurts hang-ups and habits despite my prideful attitudes and beliefs.
Ephesians 1:17
 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.

Grateful Believer,
Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment