Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Unwind and Find

Principle 7:
Reserve a daily time with God for self examination, Bible readings and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will.



So I have a personal policy I follow.  Every night, after I take my shower, I choose not to turn on the computer or the television.  I’ve discovered that watching the 10 o’clock news or checking Facebook or email right before bed causes me to have more difficulty going to sleep, and sometimes have bad dreams.  

On the contrary, it is easier to turn my brain off and relax and go to sleep if I cut off electronic media about an hour before going to bed.  

This is where principle 7 comes in.  I reserve this time before bed to read my Bible (a paper Bible), pray, and journal.  When I do this properly, it actually gives me a sense of peace and helps me calm down.  Why?  Because it requires me to slow down.  

We live in a microwave culture.  We want everything done now, and done our way.  But when I read my Bible, and take time to pray a well-thought-out prayer (on my knees), and journal about what is troubling me or what is going well, it has a calming effect.  

I tend to trust God more in these times.  That’s why Psalm 46:10 does not say, “Look for me (God) while you’re rushing around,” but “Be still, and know that I am God.”  Remember, we are too busy NOT to pray.

Slow down.  Unwind via principle 7, and you will find God.

Grateful believer,
Aaron S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment