Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Prevent Truth Decay


 Photo by Markus Grossalber

I'm a procrastinator. I tend to put things off, goof around, and then finish in a flurry at the very last minute. That's the way I roll.

It's very difficult for me to do things daily, consistently, BEFORE it's an emergency to do them. But as I've grown in my recovery, I have to admit that it's a lot less stressful to do things a little at a time then all at once at the last minute.

In fact, some things HAVE to be done daily. For example, brushing my teeth. What I waited to do that, say once a week (ew!) and on that day brushed them REALLY WELL for like, an hour or two? Would that be as good as brushing them twice a day for a few minutes? Of course not!

The same goes with the daily inventory we talk about at Celebrate Recovery. If I take an honest look at my daily thoughts and actions, and things that happened to me, I'm going to do a lot better job of keeping those things in check than if I just did a big Inventory (4th step) every few years in a step study. A daily inventory keeps me in the truth, the reality of my day-to-day struggles. Both kinds of inventory are great for me - the daily check keeps me on track day by day while the 4th step inventory gives me the big picture.

What should I look at during my daily inventory?  The main idea is to review my day to see what went well and what I need to ask forgiveness for. I ask myself, "Can I avoid that situation or temptation next time?" or "How can I handle that circumstance better?" or "Why did that bother me so much?"

For more ideas on how to use the daily inventory in your recovery, pick up our Daily Inventory handout on the information table on Friday night. Also, your sponsor might have some tips for you.

Grateful Believer,
Angi

No comments:

Post a Comment