Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A better answer...

I’ve been asked three times about the blue wristband/bracelet that I wear. Here’s how those conversations went:
“So what kind of wristband is that? What does it represent?” asked a co-worker.
“Celebrate Recovery,” I tell him. “It’s a Christ-centered recovery program that I’m involved in.”
“That’s that Rick Warren thing, right?”
I spent the next few minutes talking with him about CR and the hope it brings to those who are hurting. I think all he heard was “blah blah, Rick Warren, blah, Jesus, blah.”
The next conversation was with a friend’s 7-year-old.
“What’s that say on your bracelet?” he asked.
“It says ‘Celebrate Recovery’” I replied.
“Oh.” End of conversation.
I realized after these two conversations that I had to figure out a better answer for this question. In order to do that, I had to take some time to figure out exactly what the bracelet really means to me.
By the third asking, I was ready.
Helping out with the 1st graders at church one Wednesday evening, I got the question.
“Why do you wear that?” he asked, pointing at my wrist.
“It reminds me to make good decisions” was my answer.
And that was it. It was what I knew all along.
Recovery is about making good decisions, one decision at a time. The more I make good decisions, the easier the recovery process gets. I grow closer to God, my family, and my friends. The good decisions add up, and when I find myself faced with big choices that can hurt me, it’s easier to choose the one that leads me closer to God.
The best decision isn’t always the easy one, or the most pleasant, but I wear a daily reminder that I’m not in this alone. When I slip because of a poor choice, the blue around my wrist is a gentle reminder that there’s another opportunity to make things right again.
The blue CR wristband is available online at Celebrate Recovery Gear. Better yet, visit CR@MRCC Friday nights to learn how to heal through good decision making.
The best decision you’ll make is the one that brings you closer to Christ.
Grateful Believer,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment