Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Memories

I just want to say thanks to everyone who donated to help buy gifts for kids sponsored through the Anna's House Foundation.   We took up a donation on December 3rd and... 

we raised more than $925!!  

The night of the contribution I found myself overwhelmed with emotion.  My husband asked me on the way home why it was such an emotional thing for me.  I just thought I would share my answer with all of you.

I have so many wonderful memories of Christmas morning.  Running in to the tree to see just what Santa had brought me.  While my family was not wealthy I always got that one gift I really wanted.  I remember having so much joy. Imagining some child not ever having those memories breaks my heart.  Having the chance to be a part of maybe bring one child that joy really means a lot to me.  I hope that these kids can remember this Christmas.

God tells us to love one another.  To me, this is just one way we can all show love to a child we may never meet.  Again, Anna's House is a Christian organization that helps Christian foster families.  So, I also feel that we are helping those families, who may not have the funds, show those kids they do love them.  In turn, maybe someday the love these families show them will translate to a relationship with Christ. 

As you can see by the pictures here, we were able to provide...lots of clothes, toys and, of course, cars with flames!

There was more money than we needed for these gifts.  We offered to buy for more children, but Anna's House did not have more in need.  Since that was the case we gave Anna's House the extra money.  They plan to use it to help provide these same families with food this Christmas.
 
I feel so blessed to have joined with each of you in providing gifts for these children whom we may never know.  Thank you for all you donated, whether it was your money or your prayers.

Merry Christmas!

Grateful Believer,
Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment