Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Coming Soon...

How many of you wish you would have found CR when you were a teen?  I know I do!  My need for approval didn’t start when I was 34 years old…I think I was more like 10!!  I didn’t start using food to cope with my emotions when I got married; it was when I was an adolescent.   These unhealthy patterns were full blown BAD HABITS by the time I was a teen, and then they just continued to spiral out of control the older I got.

I think that’s one reason why I am so excited that MRCC is beginning The Landing! (If you haven’t heard much about The Landing yet, that’s okay…it’s new and you’ll be hearing a lot more about it over the coming weeks!)

The Landing
is an all-new, year-long program that helps teenagers travel the path to freedom, healing, and wholeness. This dynamic resource mirrors the content presented in the successful Celebrate Recovery program.

The lessons deliver hope-filled truths and real-life strategies for giving young people the tools for making wise choices and developing healthy patterns for living.


The program will be offered at MRCC in conjunction with our CR program each Friday night and lessons are designed for junior high and high school students.   They will meet from 7-9 in the Summit and the lessons will be very open and hands on!   (There are a few differences between CR and The Landing: The Landing does not have students introduce themselves with their hurt, habit or hangup, students will not do testimonies or written inventories.  They will have private journal and prayer time.)

Kick-off night is January 21st, please be praying that God, once again, uses this program to change lives!

There are several of us from the MRCC Celebrate Recovery program that have committed to helping with the Landing, but we can always use more leadership!  If you are interested in serving and have completed a Step Study, please let Micah know!

Grateful Believer,
Karyn

No comments:

Post a Comment