Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Lonely Mile

Do you remember the emotions you were feeling when you walked into your first recovery meeting?  If you are reading this and have never been to a recovery meeting, you know the emotions I’m talking about.  You feel them in your gut every time you start to think about going for the first time.  And for those who have walked that lonely mile across the parking lot and into your first recovery meeting, you know that it is a daunting task to go inside.

I believe it is important for us to never forget those emotions of our first recovery night.  I know for me that when I walked through the doors of my first AA meeting I was greeted warmly and accepted right away.  That meant the world to me and calmed my anxieties, though I would have never admitted that in the moment.  So, it is my prayerful goal to share that same warmth and friendliness with every newcomer that comes through our doors on Friday nights.  

This week as I was scrolling through Facebook updates, I saw this update from the Celebrate Recovery page.  “It's Friday......woo-hoo....you know what that means CR's all over the country are going to be meeting tonight. Can't wait to see who God is going to send. Remember it's all about the NEWCOMER. Let's roll out the red carpet, someone is coming home tonight!” (Mac Owen CR National "A" coach)

Mac is right.  Every Friday night we should roll out the red carpet and welcome home every newcomer that walks through the door.  As God blesses us with newcomers on Friday nights, let us be Jesus’ hands and feet and welcome them home!

Grateful Believer,

Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment