Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Step 3

Hello, my name is Jennifer.  I’m a grateful believer in Jesus Christ and I struggle with suicidal thoughts and PTSD. 

Step 3 states that I am to make a decision to turn my will and life over to the care of God.  I would not have predicted this being as hard for me as it has proven to be since I accepted Christ when I was 17.  I had already made that decision, right?  Yes, I had accepted that Jesus Christ died on a cross for my sins and that he rose again and lives today at the right hand of the throne of God.  That was shortly followed by Baptism, so I was all set.

That was 21 years ago.  I had “accepted” that, but I became lost inside myself until the urging of a wise counselor sent me through the doors of Celebrate Recovery 27 months ago.  I got started and was on step 8 when I realized that I had taken steps 1-3 for granted.  I needed to start over. 


Starting over started on my knees, I made a decision to be willing to seek and follow God’s will.  I have to stay focused to remember that my life is worth living and that God has a plan for me.  It’s a daily struggle and when I think I am making progress, I sometimes stumble.  Sometimes I want to hold onto options that are outside of God’s will. 


For me, I learned from a member of my recovery team that it’s okay to recover slowly, it’s okay to focus on the decision part of step 3; after all, maturing as a Christian is a daily process of giving my will over to God because He is the perfect manager for my life...


"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11


Grateful Believer,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment