Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Step 4

Hello my name is Travis, I am a grateful believer in Jesus and I struggle with dipping and gambling.  You might ask why anyone would want to write about the 4th step.  Step 4:  We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

For me this was the best step.  It was the step that I tried my whole life not to do.  This step made me get real with myself, God and someone I trusted.  I wore so many different masks throughout my life; however, this step forced me to be real.  This step made me think of every person, place, or thing that was good and bad in my life. 

I completed my inventory by evaluating my life in four stages:  Elementary, Middle and High School, College, and the years I have been married.  By using these stages I was able to concentrate only on that time instead of jumping around my whole life.  As I wrote down on paper the good and the bad things I had done it was a humbling experience.  So, these four stages helped me stay focused and balanced.
 
I have done my fourth step four times now.  I truly try to think back to these four stages of life and see if there was anything I missed.  I try to not have any secretes untold to myself, God or my sponsor.  Having a good sponsor is a critical key to completing this step; so, select your sponsor wisely.  

If you haven’t done a fourth step you need to.  It is one of many ways in the recovery process that will change not only your heart but your mind as well. 

Grateful believer,

Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment