Welcome to CR@MRCC!

Welcome! Join us each Friday evening at MRCC in Fellowship Central. Dinner starts at 6:00 and worship starts at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you!

Monday, November 21, 2011

Step 12

Hi, my name is Erin and I am a grateful believer in Christ who struggles with people’s approval and being a workaholic and celebrates recovery in my marriage.

Step 12 states “Having had a spiritual experience as the result of these steps, we try to carry this message to others, and practice these principles in all our affairs.”

As a newcomer, this step seemed to be the most unattainable to me.  Spiritual experience?  Share with others?  Practice this in my daily life?  I never thought I would see the light at the end of the tunnel much less share those horrible, dreadful things with others.  Yet, as I went through the Celebrate Recovery program, I began to see God’s good in my horrible, no good situations.  I begin to wonder if others shared similar stories.  I felt compelled to tell my story.  I began thinking about sharing with total strangers and even to friends and family.  I prayed that someone who was going through something similar would find hope and strength to follow God through their hard times.  

I still love telling my story.  I love being totally open and honest.  I have been telling my story to the ladies of Capitol Hill’s Celebrate Recovery.  These are women (and men) who never realized there was another way out of their pain and bad habits.  Hearing stories of recovery and God’s unconditional love, has brought them back Monday night after Monday night.  These people love hearing stories of the real you and adore even more once you open up.  This is a place where we can complete the first part of Step 12.  

The second portion of Step 12 seemed to come a little easier (and be a little less frightening).  I believe that God is in control and never wastes a hurt.  I try to use all the other steps in my life, such as taking a daily inventory and making immediate amends (Steps 9 and 10) and being in constant prayer with God (Step 11) to continue my recovery.  I fall off the wagon but my support system steps in and encourages me to continue working.

To any newcomer, please listen to our stories and know that there is hope and joy in your recovery. 

Grateful Believer,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment